Do you know any interesting facts about painting history and the arts?
Art has been a timeless pastime and universal to audiences for centuries. Anything from classical to modern and contemporary masterpieces, painting encompasses a wide range of styles, that have been the foundation to art and culture.
But what do you know about the arts? What interesting or fun facts you you know? Do you know who Monet or Georgia O’Keeffe? You might, but there are some things you might not know. So lets test your knowledge and when you are painting in a class or just gabbing with a friend or coworker, you can throw one of these tidbits in for fun:
“All the old paintings on the tombs, they do the sand dance, don’t ya know?” according to what 1986 hit song by The Bangles?
Some Trivia ART Questions that will have you possibly surprised or more intrigues. *answer key at bottom*
- In 1969, which artist took a break from painting melting clocks to design the Chupa Chups lollipop logo?
- What type of art did ancient Egyptians use to communicate with?
- What is the name for art that does not depict recognizable objects and instead uses shapes, color, and textures to create an effect?
- How many types of art are there?
- What famous Italian artist was also an inventor, musician, and scientist?
- Who painted the famous portrait of Adele Bloch-Bauer, also known as the Woman in Gold?
- What artist painted the ceiling of the famous Sistine Chapel over a period of four years?
- What artist is known for his surrealist paintings, including The Persistence of Memory?
- Which painting has its own mailbox from fans?
- what type of event between 1912 and 1948 was given medals for olympic sports?
Embracing the arts enriches the experience of practice Arts as well as self-expression and creativity and can build confidence as well as a sense of individual identity while brushing up on some history. The arts are a Universal language among the entire planet.
Diving into the arts helps to use your imagination and can help with the ability to actively engage in new concepts and discover connections between ideas as well as provide advantages for their social and emotional well-being.
- Walk Like an Egyptian
- Abstract art
- 7 (painting, architecture, sculpture, literature, music, performing, and cinema)
- Leonardo da Vinci
- Gustav Klimt
- Salvador Dali
- The Mona Lisa
- .Talented artist and sportsperson that created sports theme masterpieces
Join us for more knowledge and embrace your creative side while learning to paint with one of our fun experts.